- All students can succeed
- Education is the shared responsibility of the school, family, and community
- All schools should provide a healthy, safe, and drug free environment
- Everyone can be a lifelong learner and productive citizen
- Everyone should demonstrate positive character, civility, and integrity
As a leader in education and technology, Harrison County Schools is providing this website for students, parents, community members, faculty, and staff as a focal point for information and communication concerning our school system. As you peruse this site, I hope that you will find the information contained here to be a vital resource that can be used to ensure that Harrison County students become successful 21st Century Learners.
From activities to curriculum, board meetings to school delays, everything you need to know can be found here including links to each individual school's website, LiveGrades, lunch menus, and other helpful sites.
Harrison County Schools strives to be a high quality school system with rigorous and relevant curriculum provided by highly qualified faculty and staff. I welcome you to our website and encourage you to explore all of the resources presented.
Dr. Mark Manchin
|News and Announcements|
Parenting classes will be conducted by Masters-level school counselors. To register, please leave a message at the Parent Educator Resource Center at 304-326-7693. The following dates from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Harrison County Alternative Learning Center Cafeteria: March 3, 10, 17, 24, April 7 & 14th
- The next ACT Math Prep Class will be held on April 9 and April 10, from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, in the RCB LGI. The advanced class will be held on Sunday April 12, from 7:00 - 8:30, in the RCB LGI. Students need to register at www.johnebertmathactprep.com to reserve a seat.The registration deadline is March 13, with late fees accepted until March 27. The ACT will be given on April 18, 2015.
Pre-k Packets will be available Friday, February 13, 2015 starting at 9am at all Pre-k sites and online.
- Accountability Data
- External Trend Data
- Student Achievement Data
- Other Student Outcomes
- Culture, Conditions, and Practices
The mission of Harrison County Schools is to achieve excellence in education, through partnership with home and community, so that each student becomes:
- a life-long learner
- a responsible citizen
- a productive member of society
Areas of Focus
- Student Engagement and Achievement
- School Culture and Climate
- Health and Safety
- Family and Community Involvement
Diana Salentro (Nov.)
Helen Roberts (Dec.)
Eric Brand (Jan.)