Welcome to Lumberport Elementary School Library and Computer Lab!!!
Click here to connect to our online catalog and links
Reach for the World!!!
I believe that a positive, intellectually stimulating and well-organized learning environment can help to achieve many of our school-wide goals. My goal is to create a caring, learning environment that is the heart of a "Community of Learners." I hope to instill a passion for reading with our students and strongly encourage reading for information and enjoyment as lifelong activities. I also strive to:
- Prepare students to be 21st-century learners who are information literate and strive for excellence in information seeking and knowledge generation.
- Ensure all students and staff have access to a wide variety of information and that they become effective and responsible users of it.
- Integrate information literacy skills, technology and research into the teaching and learning process of students and staff.
- Provide a wide variety of reading materials and information sources that adequately support curricular needs as well as the reading interests and needs of all students.
- Encourage literacy and literature appreciation by extending and enhancing classroom experiences.
- Support the curriculum while providing a safe environment that stimulates curiosity and encourages a lifelong quest for knowledge
- All students are scheduled to come to the library and computer lab for technology and library lessons (and book checkout) on a regular weekly schedule.
Student Circulation Policy:
- Books may be checked out to students for a two week period.
- Students in grades Kindergarten-2 check out one book per visit.
- Students in grade 3-5 may check out three books at a time.
- All materials may be renewed unless there is great demand and/or a waiting list.
- Reference books (encyclopedias, atlases, etc.) may be checked out overnight. They are to be returned in the morning.
- Students may sign out and return materials anytime the media center is open.
- A student may borrow more than the specified number of material when working on a special project with permission from his/her teacher, parents and the media center staff.
Procedures for Overdue/Lost Books:
- Overdue notices are sent out once a month to homeroom teachers for students to take home.
- Students are not allowed to check out new materials unless they have returned previously checked out books.
- There are no fines for late books but students will be charged for lost or damaged materials. Payment for these materials will be returned if the books are later found.
Library Catalog and Technology Links Online
Our library catalog and computer lab links are now online! That means that parents and students can check on the availability of book titles from home and practice various technology applications introduced in computer lab lessons.
· Go to destiny.harr.k12.wv.us
· Click on the icon following Lumberport Elementary School to bookmark the site as a favorite.
· Click on Lumberport Elementary School. Click on the Home tab to view technology links and onCatalog tab to search our school’s book collection.
· Type in a search term.
· Search for titles by Keyword, Title, Author, Subject, or Series.
Remember to check our school library catalog for books for books and other materials for reports, pleasure reading, science and social studies fair projects, research papers , and MORE!!
Please use the form below to email Mr. Rinschler with any questions or concerns.