Thursday, April 19, 2018
Chicken Nuggets, Mashed Potatoes, Orange Glazed Carrots, Chunky Pineapple, and Roll. Pizza and Salad Bar are available today.
- Miss School / Miss Out attendance contest -- Last week's winner, by one tenth of a percentage point -- the Sophomores! Sophomores will be rewarded during homeroom as soon as I can make those arrangements.
- Greenhouse Grand Opening -- April 21st at 8:00 am
- FFA NIght of Hope -- in partnership with WVU Childrens, on Thursday April 26th from 5 - 8 pm. Officers will be visiting homerooms to discuss the importance of this event and provide a sign-up sheet for all who are interested.
- FFA and FBLA meetings during first lunch Friday.
- Agriculture program recognized at HCBOE meeting on Tuesday, April 24 at 6:00 pm.
- The 2018 Faculty Scholarship form is now on the school website. ALL seniors are eligible for this scholarship. Deadline is during the first week of May. Please see Mrs. Cobb if you have any questions.
- "Do you want to impact your community this summer? Project Launch is looking for highly motivated, service-minded high school juniors and seniors to be mentors to younger students this June 18-20th. Apply today by emailing email@example.com with your name and grade in the subject line."
- Seniors - work excuse letter may be picked up in the office for the week of May 21.
- School play performance next week - HS performance scheduled for Thursday afternoon -- ticket cost is $4.
- Seniors are currently meeting in homeroom during AA time -- please be updating portfolios, reviewing credits and grades, and double checking graduation status.
- Last day of the grading period is April 25.
- Prom tickets on sale today at lunch
- With the warm weather -- please remember the school dress code! Fingertip rule -- no cut out shirts.
--- Health Clinic is open at the HS on Mondays and at the MS on Thursdays for student and staff use. Please report to the office on Thursdays if you wish to go to the middle school to receive services at the health clinic.
--- Students who have classes in the MS or at UTC/United – when you return to the building, you need to remain in the student commons area until the bell rings for class change – you are not to be in the hallways until that bell has rung.
--- Students -- you are not permitted to remain in the building unsupervised after the school day ends. You must be in an approved practice/meeting or leaving campus directly after school -- you CANNOT remain after school and wait for your activity to begin.
--- Seniors: Please send senior portraits, baby photos, and senior quote to: firstname.lastname@example.org
--- Seniors please don’t forget to check Counselor’s Page on our website for scholarship updates and the bins by the counseling offices.
Thursday, April 19:
- Band festival @ RCB - band leaves at 10:00 am
- Baseball @ Notre Dame - 5:30
- Softball @ Notre Dame - 5:00
Friday, April 20:
- Track @ Doddridge - 4:00
- Baseball v. Braxton Co. - 5:00
- Softball @ Moorefield Tournament -- team already on their way
- School play -- 7:00
Saturday, April 21:
- Softball @ Moorefield Tournament
- Greenhouse opens -- 8:00
- Baseball @ Clay Battelle - 1:00
- School play - 7:00
Sunday, April 22:
- Greenhouse opens -- 12:00
- School play -- 2:00
Monday, April 23:
- FBLA State Conference -- Charleston
- Baseball v. Valley Wetzel - 5:00
- Softball v. Valley Wetzel - 5:00
Tuesday, April 24:
- FBLA State Conference -- Charleston
- SAT Makeup Testing
- Track @ Buckhannon Upshur - 4:00
- Baseball @ Trinity - 5:00
- HCBOE Meeting -- Ag presentation - 6:00
Wednesday, April 25:
- Marshall University visit -- math students -- 1:00
- Summer schedules due to office
- Softball @ Doddridge Co. - 5:00
- Baseball v. Notre Dame -- 7:00
Barbara Bush -- "Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way."