COUNTDOWN TO GRADUATION: IMPORTANT DATES FOR SENIORS
- All obligations to the school must be taken care of prior to graduation. All books, hot lunch bills, lost textbook fees, uniforms, class dues, etc. must be turned in or paid for before one is permitted to graduate. Financial obligations must be met before you can participate in the Prom, Senior Banquetor the Rose Breakfast.
- You cannot attend the Prom, Senior Banquet or the Rose Breakfast until your $10.00 class dues and/or prior dues have been paid.
- The seniors last regularly scheduled class day is Friday, May 17. Senior exams are scheduled for May 15 & 16.
- Senior Assembly practice will be Monday, May 20 at 12:30 p.m. in the Auditorium. Attendance is required. Senior Assembly is on Tuesday, May 21 at 9:00 a.m. in the auditorium.
- Baccalaureate will be on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:00 p.m. at TBD
- The Senior Banquet is Tuesday, May 21 at 7:15 p.m. at Bridgeport Conference Center. (Seniors & Faculty Only) The dress for this event should be comparable to church clothing. The cost is $20.00 per person.
- The Rose Breakfast is Friday, May 24 at 7:00 a.m. at BHS. (Seniors & Faculty Only) The required graduation practicebegins at 9:00 a.m., immediately after breakfast. NOTE: If you are not present for this practice, you will be moved out of alphabetical order in the processional. You will be among the last to receive a diploma. Dress for this event is casual. A senior video will be shown in the auditorium.
- Tickets for commencement will be given out at the end of commencement practice on May 24. Each senior will receive five tickets for the center section of bleachers in front of the press box. If we graduate outside, all other guests without tickets will be permitted to sit in any bleachers except the middle section.
- Graduation is Saturday, May 25 at 9:00 a.m. at Wayne Jamison Field (weather permitting). If it rains, then graduation will be held inside in the gym and tickets ONLY will be honored. The dress for this event is your graduation cap and pressedgown. Please comply with numbers 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15.
- Graduation gowns are to be worn for the following senior activities: Senior Assembly, May 21, 9:00 a.m. and Graduation, May 25, 9:00 a.m.
- PLEASE IRON YOUR GOWNS FOR ALL ACTIVITIES.
- Senior girls are required to wear white or light dresses, along with white shoes(no flip-flops) to the Senior Assembly and Graduation.
- Senior boys are required to wear dark trousers, shirt, tie, dark socks and dress shoesto the Senior Assembly and Graduation. No white socks allowed.
- No one is permitted to wear shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, or t-shirts to the Senior Assembly or Graduation. Those students who do not dress appropriately will not be permitted to participate. If you do not have the required clothing, please notify us privately, well in advance, so that we can try to assist you.
- No one is to be chewing gum during the Senior Assembly or Graduation.
- Anyone involved with alcohol or drugs (under the influence, on their breath, or on their person) during the practices or the activities will not be permitted to participate in any of the remaining senior activities. Action will be taken as per the Harrison County Discipline Policy.
- If you are not participating in either the Senior Assembly or Graduation, please notify a counselor or principal.
- Any senior caught with fireworks, cigarettes, electronic vaping devices, e-cigarettes, or other disruptive or illegal devices, will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony and will be referred to the superintendent for disciplinary action concerning the issuance of a diploma.
- Any senior who has not completed all of the graduation requirements may receive his/her diploma at the end of summer school, or the next semester after all requirements have been completed.
- The senior class picture will be Monday, May 21stat 1:30pm.
- All seniors must pay cash for all meals beginning May 1, 2019. Please bring exact changefor each meal and pay as you go through the lunch line. Prices are as follows: regular breakfast $.85, regular lunch $1.40, Extra milk is $.25. They will NO longerbe eligible for grab n go.
IMPORTANT SENIOR ACTIVITIES AND DATES
May 15 & 16 – Senior Exams
May 19 - Senior Trip – Cedar Point
May 20 – Senior Assembly Practice – 12:30 p.m.
May 21 – Senior Assembly – 9:00 a.m.
May 21 – Baccalaureate – 6:00 p.m.
May 21 – Senior Banquet – 7:15 p.m.
May 24 – Rose Breakfast – 7:00 a.m.
May 24 – Graduation Practice 8:30 a.m.
May 25 – Graduation – 9:00 a.m.
IMPORTANT SENIOR ACTIVITIES AND DATES
May 4 Prom 8:30 pm-11:30 pm BCC
May 15-16 Senior Exams
May 17 Senior make up Exams
May 17 Last Day of School For Seniors
May 19 Senior Trip-Cedar Point
May 20 Senior Assembly Practice 12:30 pm Auditorium
May 21 Senior Assembly 9:00 am Auditorium
May 21 Baccalaureate 6:00 pm TBD
May 21 Senior Banquet 7:15 pm BCC
May 24 Rose Breakfast 7:00 am BHS Cafeteria
May 24 Graduation Practice 9:00 am Wayne Jamison Field
May 25 Graduation 9:00 am Wayne Jamison Field