601 Johnson Avenue
Bridgeport, WV 26330
* K-2: Orientation, book care, checkout procedures
* 3-5: Orientation, procedure review, OPAC skills
- Please be sure to get kindergarten permission slips returned so that they can begin borrowing
books to share with you!
- Checkout will begin soon! Please ask your student to share what book(s) he/she has found!
* Be sure to check out Destiny (Online Public Access Catalog)
* A copy of the Summer Reading Challenge reading log is available! Those can be
turned in at any time but will be due by the second week of September!
* Look at the JES Library Resources page for more great reading ideas!!!
* The New York Public Library's Digital Collection is a great resource to explore!
Classes will still be having introduction to foreign language included in their library days! Grades K-2 are learning Italian, and grades 3-5 are learning Spanish! Subjects include numbers, colors, food, expressions and greetings, and animals! Be sure to ask your student what they learned! To learn more about the program that JES is using,check out Dino Lingo!
Library Schedule (first nine weeks):
Monday: Thompson, McEldowney, Messenger, Olivio, Rose, Trent
Tuesday: Bowers, Barr, C. Carey, Cann, DeFazio, George
Wednesday: Phillips, Jones, Folio, E. Carey, Helsley, Kulchock
Thursday: Rogers, Kidd, Johnson, Mutafis, McCord, Straley
Friday: Thompson, McEldowney, Messenger, Olivio, Rose, Trent
For classes that come twice a week: the first day is checkout day; the second day is a STEM/STEAM-focused day! If there is no planning on your first day of the week (due to inclement weather or other events), checkout will be on your second day of the week.
Please be sure to check out the JES Library Media Center homepage for great research sites, reading suggestions, and other exciting learning websites! New items are being added regularly! Check it out!
Also check out the Library Resources Page for more exciting resources!!!
Contact Information for Ms. Smith:
PLANNING PERIOD: 11:55 AM - 12:40 PM