February 14, 2020
Happy Valentine’s Day & last Friday was National Counselor’s Day but since there was no school we are celebrating today. If you see Mr. Hawk, thank him for the great job he does!
- Reminder to students: School is your job. You are here to work. You will treat everyone here with kindness and respect.
- Many of you who ride in the car in the morning are being dropped off in the circle, drop off is at the bottom of the sidewalk and never in the bus loop. Thank you to those who follow the rules- this is for your safety.
- When coming to lunch, you will line up along the wall outside the high school gym before being allowed to proceed to the lunch line. You are NOT permitted to pass the line unless you have workroom. We will continue to do this until you can come to lunch in an orderly fashion.
- For sale in the office wood roses, $1.00 per rose or $10.00 per dozen. Roses are for sale before school, during lunch and after school, not during classes.
- Lunches were much better yesterday, they need to stay that way or we will assign seats again.
- Bring your Cats Cash to lunch with you today, the store will be open.
- Tickets to the Valentine Dance Friday will be on sale today for $5.00 during both lunches. Several of you will not be able to buy tickets until you have all of your absence excuses turned in. If you owe an excuse, we can give you the dates that we need excuses for today and you must turn those in before you can come to the dance.
- If you are staying for the dance you must remain in AA until the 2nd bell. After the 2nd bell we will begin dismissing students with tickets to the gym for the dance. 6th graders will place their belongings along the right side of the ramp to the connector, 7th grader will place their belongings on the left side of the connector and 8th graders will place their belongs outside the library. At the dance, we remind you that there is to be NO running, horseplay or PDA. If you cannot follow these rules you will not be permitted to come to the next dance.
- Clean up after yourself everywhere! If you make a mess, clean it up and there will be no consequences.
- As you travel the building, remember you ALWAYS walk on the right.
- Do not touch the glass, if you touch the glass, be prepared to clean it.
- Teachers and students please download the RePlayit App to your phones and upload school related pictures to our yearbook. Last year's yearbook will be here sometime this month. Mrs. Kerns will start taking orders for next year's yearbook soon. The cost is $27.00 for a 40 page full color hard back yearbook.
- The 2020 Governor’s Summer Institute Applications are now available for current 7th and 8th grade students that have not attended GSI in the past.
7th Grade GSI will be held at WVU from June 25 - July 3 or July 5 - July 13.
8th Grade GSI will be held at the Green Bank Observatory from June 28 - July 11.
General Information - https://govschools.wv.gov/gsi/Pages/default.aspx
Detailed GSI Information - https://govschools.wv.gov/GSI/Pages/opportunities.aspx
Student Qualifications - https://govschools.wv.gov/GSI/Pages/howtoapply.aspx
- Next week will be middle school tournament week, your ID’s will not get you free admission. Admission to all games will be $5.00.
Activities this week:
Friday, February 14 Valentine’s Dance 3:00-5:00
This page is maintained by Lisa D. Kerns.
Send Comments and Suggestions by filing out form below.