December 8, 2017
Congratulations to Savannah Jones for winning the school spelling bee and Abby Jones for being the runner up. Abby will represent LMS in the county spelling bee in January.
- Reminder to students: School is your job. You are here to work. You will treat everyone here with respect.
- Next week benchmarking will begin, make sure you do your best.
- You are no longer permitted to bring drinks from outside of school. The only exception will be sealed bottles of water.
- At second lunch, when that second bell rings, it is time for you to get quiet and ready for dismissal. We have had to remind you, especially the 7th grade and we should not have to remind you of the rules this late in the year.
- We have club day scheduled for next Friday, I am considering cancelling clubs unless behavior improves, the halls have been far too loud and you need to make sure you are walking on the right.
- The Crazy about Animals club is holding a supply drive for the Humane Society of Harrison County. It will run through December 13. Items can be dropped off in the office or Mrs. Hines’ room. See a list of needs posted outside of the office, even a roll of paper towels helps! Please help this worthy cause, the rely solely on donations to keep the shelter open.
- Last year’s yearbooks are here! If you did not purchase a yearbook, you can still buy one cost is $25.00. See Mrs. Kerns if you would like to purchase a yearbook.
- Start uploading photos for this year's yearbook to Replayit,
The url is http://www.replayit.com/r/9179225/, Get in on the action and share your own photos. Help create the story of your year together. This address will be posted around the school for you to add to your agenda!
- We have many fun activities coming up and Santa is watching. Do not get yourself into trouble, you might miss out on something fun or Santa coming to visit.
- The booster’s organization is selling candy grams. The order forms and money are due back TODAY.
- TODAY the 8th grade will sponsor a holiday dance from 3:00-6:00. Tickets will be sold at lunches today and are $4.00. Make sure you have all work and absence excuses turned in. If you owe work or have excessive absences, you will not be permitted to attend the dance. You will be permitted to wear shoes this evening at the dance. The 8th grade will place their belongings outside the library, 7th grade along the right-hand side of the wall in the connector hallway; 6th grade along the left-hand side of the connector hallway. Do NOT come to the office to ask permission to stay for the dance, you should have asked before today.
- Attention Snowball Court Candidates - Any money turned in today must be in the form of a check or large bills because there will not be time to count anything else during school. Candidates, remove your cups from the table this morning or they will be thrown away.
- Congratulations to the boys varsity basketball team for defeating Taylor County Middle last night.
- Good luck the wrestling team as they travel to Cameron tomorrow.
Events this week:
Friday, December 8 Holiday Dance 3:00-6:00
Saturday, December 9 Wrestling @ Cameron 10:00
Events next week:
All students will begin benchmarking- take this seriously
Tuesday, December 12 PSAT 8
Basketball @ MMS 4:30
Wrestling Tri Match here at home 5:00
Thursday, December 14 7th grade reward trip
Basketball v. WIMS 4:00
Friday, December 15 Clubs (if behavior permits)
This page is maintained by Lisa D. Kerns.
Send Comments and Suggestions by filing out form below.