1302 Buckhannon Pike
Nutter Fort, WV 26301
In an effort to keep you informed about what your child is learning in school, we are providing you with a list of skills that will be taught during the first 9 weeks. You may find resources to reinforce these skills at home on the school website (www.harcoboe.net/nfi). We appreciate your partnership and support in your child’s education. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
*The skills listed are general descriptions of the state standards. For a more detailed description please visit the West Virginia Department of Education website at wvde.state.wv.us.
Fourth Grade—1st 9 Weeks
· During the 1st 9 weeks, we spend time focusing on school and classroom expectations, routines, and procedures.
· Science, Social Studies, and Health are integrated into Math, Reading, and Writing.
· 10 times bigger/smaller (200 is 10 times bigger than 20) NBT.1
· Read and write numbers to the millions NBT.2
· Compare numbers (=, <, >) NBT.2
· Rounding NBT.3
Speaking and Listening
· Multi-digit addition and subtraction NBT.4
· Strategies for addition and subtraction (standard algorithm, place value, friendly numbers) NBT.4
· 4x1 multiplication NBT.5
· Strategies for multiplication (groups and arrays, repeated addition, number patterns) NBT.5
· Factoring OA.4
· The water cycle 4.2.13
· Weather 4.2.29
· Rocks and Minerals 4.2.33
· Multi-step word problems with addition and subtraction OA.3
Contact Mrs. Lee