1302 Buckhannon Pike
Nutter Fort, WV 26301
Mrs. Lee's Fourth Grade
In an effort to keep you informed about what your child is learning in school, we are providing you with a list of skills that will be taught during the first 9 weeks. You may find resources to reinforce these skills at home on the school website (www.harcoboe.net/nfi). We appreciate your partnership and support in your child’s education. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
*The skills listed are general descriptions of the state standards. For a more detailed description please visit the West Virginia Department of Education website at wvde.state.wv.us.
Fourth Grade—1st 9 Weeks
· During the 1st 9 weeks, we spend time focusing on school and classroom expectations, routines, and procedures.
· Science, Social Studies, and Health are integrated into Math, Reading, and Writing.
· 10 times bigger/smaller (200 is 10 times bigger than 20) NBT.1
· Read and write numbers to the millions NBT.2
· Compare numbers (=, <, >) NBT.2
· Rounding NBT.3
Speaking and Listening
· Multi-digit addition and subtraction NBT.4
· Strategies for addition and subtraction (standard algorithm, place value, friendly numbers) NBT.4
· 4x1 multiplication NBT.5
· Strategies for multiplication (groups and arrays, repeated addition, number patterns) NBT.5
· Factoring OA.4
· The water cycle 4.2.13
· Weather 4.2.29
· Rocks and Minerals 4.2.33
· Multi-step word problems with addition and subtraction OA.3
Contact Mrs. Lee