Little Indians

250 Worthington Drive

Bridgeport, WV 26330


Simpson Elementary School was built in 1909, and was the original Bridgeport High School. It became an elementary school when a new high school was built. A multipurpose room was added and is used as our cafeteria, gymnasium and auditorium. With growth, a new wing was built in 1975, which currently houses our K-2 classrooms and our computer lab. Many renovations have taken place over the years.  In 2010 a new addition was added with 10 new classrooms and a new office complex. In the 2014-15 school year the 1909 tower was taken down and 7 new classrooms were added and a remodeled cafeteria.  Bridgeport United Methodist Church has been and is a partner in all of the school growth with the use of parking lots around the buildings.  

View Video below for history of our school

There's an APP for that..Download the new Harrison County Schools App and stay in touch

History of Simpson Elementary School as told by former principal Loria Reid.  Present Principal is Jill Steele