250 Worthington Drive

Bridgeport, WV 26330

304-326-7060

Little Indians

The History of Simpson Elementary

(Click on the link below for the history of Simpson narrated by former principal Loria Reid.  

Simpson's current principal is Jill Steele).

Simpson Elementary School was built in 1909 and was the original Bridgeport High School. It became an elementary school when a new high school was built. A multipurpose room was added and is used as the cafeteria, gymnasium, and auditorium. With continued growth, a new wing was built in 1975. It currently houses the K-2 classrooms and computer lab, Many renovations have taken place over the years.  In 2010, a new addition added 10 classrooms and an office complex. In the 2014-15 school year, the 1909 tower was taken down, and 7 new classrooms were added, as well as a remodeled cafeteria.  Bridgeport United Methodist Church has been a partner in all of the school growth by allowing the use of parking lots around the buildings.  


The History of Simpson Elementary School Video