Monday, January 22, 2018
Taco in a Bag, Spanish Rice, Kidney Beans and Fruit. Pizza and Salad Bar are also available today.
- Plan on attending the Harrison County Board of Education meeting on February 6th at the central office. South Harrison will have two individuals honored at this meeting: Ryan Anderson, on his achievement as the West Virginia CTE Presidential Scholar, and Mrs. Felicia Pancoast for her recognition as the WVAHPERD 2017 Health Educator of the Year.
- Semester Exam make up times -- Anyone can stay today or Thursday from 3:00 - 5:00 pm to work on these -- if you haven't finished by the end of this week you must see me to make arrangements or accept the zero grade for the exam.
- Archery practice this week on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Archery club members need to turn in your FanCloth orders to Mrs. Pancoast today.
- Senior homeroom meeting tomorrow during first lunch -- all seniors, and any student planning on graduating in May, will meet in the theater.
- UTC Tour has been rescheduled for Thursday, January 25th. There are still a few slots available for this tour -- first come, first serve basis. See Mrs. Michael if you need another copy of the paperwork for permission.
- Congratulations to the following students, who have been selected to participate in the WVU Honor Band this spring: Xavier Evans, Trinity Adams, Erica Anderson, Lauren Moore, and Simon Cheuvront
- Congratulations to the Show Choir -- winners of their division at the Grafton Cavalcade -- also won overall awards for best tech crew and best costumes.
- Congratulations to the wrestling team -- overall 6-4 record at this weekend's tournament -- including wins over AA teams Notre Dame/RCB, Lincoln, Bridgeport, and Frankfort.
- Seniors: Please send senior portraits, baby photos, and senior quote to: email@example.com
- Seniors please don’t forget to check Counselor’s Page on our website for scholarship updates and the bins by the counseling offices.
--- Health Clinic is open at the HS on Mondays and at the MS on Thursdays for student and staff use. Please report to the office on Thursdays if you wish to go to the middle school to receive services at the health clinic.
--- Students who have classes in the MS or at UTC/United – when you return to the building, you need to remain in the student commons area until the bell rings for class change – you are not to be in the hallways until that bell has rung.
--- Students -- you are not permitted to remain in the building unsupervised after the school day ends. You must be in an approved practice/meeting or leaving campus directly after school -- you CANNOT remain after school and wait for your activity to begin.
Monday, Jan. 22:
- Boys basketball @ Harman -- 6:00
Tuesday, Jan. 23:
- Seniors meet in theater during first lunch.
- Girls Basketball @ Clay Battelle -- 7:00
- Wrestling @ Bridgeport -- 6:00
- Archery Club practice
Wednesday, Jan. 24:
- ASVAB testing in theater -- 8:00 am
- Boys Basketball v. Clay Battelle -- 6:00
- Wrestling v. Lewis County -- 6:00 in middle school gymnasium
Thursday, Jan. 25:
- UTC tour for sophomores and other interested students -- 7:45 am
- Girls Basketball v. Tyler Consolidated -- 7:30
- Boys Basketball @ Greenbrier West -- 6:00
- East Hardy v. Buffalo basketball -- here at 5:30 (HIT)
- Archery Club practice
Saturday, Jan. 27:
- Wrestling at Zide's Tournament -- Williamstown -- 9:00 am
- Boys Basketball v.
Albert Einstein -- "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."