To honor student achievement and leadership in career and technical education, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
NTHS Is Committed To Our Global Community By...
- Providing the highest recognition for top students in career and technical education.
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse, multi-cultural membership and member schools.
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation
- Building strong relationships between the educational community and business and industry.
- Responding to the ever-changing world and leading edge of technology as a flexible organization.
- In 1984 by Allen Powell and Jon Poteat
- As a not-for-profit organization
- To recognize outstanding students in vocational education
- To improve the image of vocational education
As the image of career and technical education improved and the word "vocational" became obsolete, the name of the organization was changed in 2003 to National Technical Honor Society.