443 Lee Avenue
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Mr. Borders's Website
Be the Best You
o Bell Ringer Questions
Be the change you want to see in the world.
The secret of change is to focus all your energy on, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places.
7th Grade Social Studies
Make this year great!
Bell Ringer 10
1/10 – Wednesday #1
A. Do you think technology existed in prehistory? Explain your answer.
B. If the prefix “pre” in prehistory means before what does the root word history mean? Before ________?
Thursday 1/18 – Day 2 Friday 1/12 – Day 2 (1st Period)
C. Explain how carbon dating works.
D. Create a t-chart to compare primary and secondary sources.
Social Studies Syllabus 2017-18
What is social studies?
Definition – the study of how people live and organize themselves in society. The different parts of social studies that we will cover this year are geography, history, economics, culture, and government.
1. be able to identify, describe, and apply knowledge of the different parts of social studies.
2. be able to use maps, charts, graphs, etc. to answer questions or overcome obstacles.
3. be able to describe the major changes in human history from early man to modern day.
4. be able to write and support a thesis statement.
5. develop leadership and organizational skills to take accountability for and improve their own performance.
5. Safety: Stay in your seat with all four legs on the floor. Know the drill procedures.
All grades will be done on a point system. Most regular activities such as classwork or homework are worth 10 to 30 points. Quizzes are worth 50 points and tests are worth 100 points. Late work will receive a 10% penalty for each day it is late. Student grades can be found online at www.LiveGrades.com.
Students are NOT required to go out and buy any of the following, but here is a short list of recommended materials:
Contact Information: School Phone: (304) 624-3271 or LiveGrades.com