WELCOME TO GIFTED
So far we have been working with different software programs such as wordle.com and Prezi.com. We have also been conducting research using technology to create reports on multiple subjects. Over the next couple weeks we will really be getting into the physics of roller coasters. We will be experimenting with Newton's 3 Laws of Motion and eventually designing and building our own 3D roller coasters!
Hello and Welcome to gifted education! My name is Mrs. Airhart and I have been hired as a teacher through the Harrison County Board of Education for the past 10 years. I spent the last five of those years teaching gifted education. My current teaching position allows me to challenge students and increase problem solving and critical thinking skills. My classroom will be centered around technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
Multicultural activities Due!
- Students will develop research skills to pursue expanded knowledge and explore ideas using multiple resources.
- Students will develop effective creative and critical thinking skills through expression in both oral and written communication.
- Students will perform scientific investigations to solve problems.
- Students will integrate technology into their research and experiment with different software programs that will enhance presentations.
- Introductory word cloud using wordle.com - Students will introduce themselves by creating a word cloud that is all about them!
- Sir Isaac Newton webquest - Students will complete a webquest on Sir Isaac Newton's life and accomplishments focusing mainly on the three laws of motion.
- Prezi presentations on Sir Isaac Newton - Using the information gathered from the webquest students will create a Prezi presentation and give an oral report on Sir Isaac Newtion.
- Multicultural activitiy - Students will choose a country to research and follow an outline that lays out the information they need to include in their report.
- Egg Drop! - students will work in cooperative groups to design a carrier that will prevent an egg from breaking when dropped numerous times from a certain height. The project must fit in within the specifications given. Students will then write a reflection.
- Newton's third law of motion - balloon powered cars!
- "Inside Out" project - Students will use the engineering design process to design and construct a bridge that will carry a core memory from one table to another.
- Roller Coaster Activity - Students will apply the engineering design process and the laws of physics to construct a roller coaster made from pipe insulation.